This page summarizes perhaps the most fundamental features of Wandora application.
- Fast and reliable
- Requires Java
Graphical user interface
- Topic map browser
- Graph visualization of a topic map
- Treemap visualization of topics
- Embedded WWW browser
- Build your own interactive visualizations using embedded Processing language.
- Supports multilayered networks
- Construct the knowledge using several different layers, each containing only part of the knowledge
- You can view only parts of data and hide parts that don't interest you
- Automatic merging of different and even distributed data sources
- Protect some parts of topic map by allowing only read access
- Use nested layer stacks to create tree like layer structures
Several data storage options
- Memory based topic map for very fast processing of relatively small topic maps
- Database storage makes it possible to use topic maps of virtually unlimited size
Import data in several formats
- Imports topic maps in XTM, LTM, and JTM formats
- Imports RDF data in RDF, N3, Turtle and JSON-LD formats
- Imports OBO flat file format ontologies such as The Gene Ontology
- Imports any valid XML document with proper XSL converting the XML to XTM
- Clipboard import and export of topics and associations
Extract topic maps from various sources
Over 50 different data format and web service extractors. Including
- MP3 ID3v1 and ID3v2 extractor
- JPG binary metadata extractor
- PDF extractor
- Email extractor
- File system extractor
- HTML link extractor
- IMDB extractor
- FreeDB extractor
- Wikipedia extractor and more general MediaWiki extractor
- Last.fm extractors
- Bibtex extractor
- RIS extractor
- Simple Text Document Extractor
- RSS 2.0 Extractor
- Atom extractor
- Any23 integration
- Flickr extractors
- YouTube extractor
- OpenCalais classifier
- OpenCyc extractor
- Geonames extractors
- SKOS RDF extractor
- Dublin Core RDF extractor
- FOAF RDF extractor
- Gellish ontology extractor
- Subj3ct record extractor
- DBpedia extractor
- Facebook Graph extractor
- Twitter extractor
- SPARQL extractor
And many more...
Search and analyze topic maps
- Search topics with regular expressions, find similar topics.
- Supports TMQL (Topic Map Query Language).
- Wandora specific query language.
- Compare topic maps.
- Clustering coefficient for any topic set including average clustering coefficient of a topic map.
- Topic map diameter and average path length.
- Topic map connection count and distribution (Topic map degree distribution).
- SOM classifier to analyze topics with associations.
- R language integration makes Wandora a data source for R environment.
Export and publish
- Wandora can export topic maps in XTM, LTM and JTM format.
- Export topic map as a collection of static HTML pages.
- Export topic maps as Graph Modeling Language, GraphML, and GraphXML graphs.
- Embedded HTTP server allows you to publish topic maps as a dynamic HTML site, RSS feed or pretty much anything if you just write suitable templates for your output.
- Included outputs: HTML, RSS instance feed, ATOM topic, Wandora Web Service.
- We have created several Wandora Drupal extras to show you examples how Wandora can be used together with Drupal content management system.
- We have also created an extra for Joomla content management system to demonstrate how to publish Wandora content in Joomla sites.
- Build your own topic map application using Wandora's Web Service.
- You can also create new output modules to Wandora easily. See chapter Setting up new services at Embedded HTTP server.
- Wandora Piccolo combination allows you to set up a large scale dynamic WWW site based on the topic maps.
Edit topic maps
Wandora contains a huge collection of topic map editing features. You can not only edit topics and associations directly but also transform topic's internal structures -- such as occurrences to other structures -- such as variant names. You can also choose to apply editing feature to not just one topic but a collection of topics which speeds up topic map refactoring substantially. See Wandora's documentation for details.
Generate simple topic map graphs
- Random graph generator
- Fully connected graph generator
- Tree graph generator
- Linear list graph generator
- Finite group graph generator
- Platonic solid graph generator
- Hypercube graph generator
- Tiling graph generator
- Edge generator
- Generate topic maps with L-systems.
- Tools that process topic map, for example cleaning or reconstructing data
- Importing data in different formats, for example from existing relational database
- Exporting data in different formats
- Reading and automatic processing of metadata from a collection of files
- Customized ways to represent the data in the topic map
- Custom publishing methods
Now you might want to continue to