Graph Modeling Language export
Wandora is capable to export Topic Maps as Graph Modeling Language (GML) format. The export starts with File > Export > Export GML graph.... Exported graph may be visualized with Yed graph editor application for example.
- Each topic is exported as a graph node.
- Each binary association is converted to an edge between player nodes. Edge's label is association type.
- If association has more than two players, an extra intermediate node is created and each player is linked to the intermediate node with an edge.
- If association has only one (or none) player, it is not exported.
- Each occurrence is exported as a node and an edge between occurrence text and topic node.
- Subjects, scopes, association roles, and variant names are not exported.
Exported nodes and edges have no coordinates in graph.
Configuring the export
To configure the GML export hold CTRL key down while starting the export. Configuration dialog allows you to select whether or not to
- Export class-instance relations as edges.
- Export occurrences as edges. Wandora creates a node for occurrence text and connects it to the topic node.
- Export n-ary (n>2) associations as edges. Wandora creates an inter-mediator node, and connects all n-ary association players to the inter-mediator node.
- Export directed or undirected graph. This really doesn't matter much as you you have no way of controlling the association direction.