This page documents only Wandora application changes. See recent changes for a list of general Wiki changes.
- Till now Wandora has saved a project into a single WPR file. New Wandora release saves a project as separate files into a folder if user selects folder as the saving location. If user selects a file as the saving location, Wandora saves project into a WPR file.
- Wandora supports Git repositories as Wandora project. Wandora user can clone remote Git repository and push changes back to the remote repository. Git tools locate in menu File > Git. See https://github.com/topic-maps-library/wordnet for an example of a Git repository as the Wandora project. See documentation at Working with Git repositories.
- Removed some deprecated tools and code.
- Enhanced Mac OS support.
- Some minor bug fixes.
New Wandora release 2016-06-10 is available. The release adds subject locator preview for Sinclair ZX snapshots and Commodore 64 disk images. Both previews are pure emulations enabling ZX and C64 software execution. Structure of distribution packages has changed: Now Wandora's Java classes locate in a JAR instead of separate class files. Samples and extras folders have been removed from the Wandora application repository. Some older subject identifiers have been removed from Wandora's base ontologies.
Wandora 2016-03-08 enhances Wandora's database topic map and traditional topic panel. The release fixes many bug found in the application. See GitHub commits for detailed changes.
Wandora 2015-11-13 fixes a lot of OS X related bugs. Release introduces enhanced subject locator previews for WWW resources, including videos, images, audio files and interactive fiction (z-machine). The release has been compiled and tested in Java 8.
- New IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework) JSON-LD extractor.
- New IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework) JSON-LD exporter.
- New IoT (Internet of Things) pinger.
- Upgraded embedded Processing to version 5.
- Upgraded embedded Gate to version 8.1.
- Enhanced Wandora's DataURI support.
- Enhanced subject locator previews.
- Facebook Graph extractor has been rebuilt.
- Reddit extractor has been refactored with some enhancements.
- OpenCalais classifier and Freebase extractor have been retired for now.
This is mainly a bug fix release but has some new features also.
This release adds Wandora application support for Data URI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme) occurrences. Data URI occurrences enable binary data occurrences stored inside the topic map. Support for Data URIs will affect widely the Wandora application in future releases. At the moment the application doesn't support all possible use cases that emerge along Data URIs. At the moment you can store binary files, such as images into occurrence by dropping the binary file into occurrence table cell or occurrence editor window. Wandora can generate a thumbnail of image Data URIs both in Traditional and Tabbed topic panels.
This release adds Wandora a Twitter JSON extractor. This addition is targeted to archive organizations that already collect tweets with twurl (https://github.com/twitter/twurl), for example. Chaining Wandora's Twitter JSON extractor with Wandora's HTML site export function, Wandora turns into a tool that convert Twitter data to a static HTML page visualization. The Twitter JSON extractor starts with a menu option File > Extract > Social > Twitter JSON extractor.... The extractor can process several JSON files at a time.
More over, this release adds Wandora application refactored generators. Generators are small tools that generate topics and associations algorithmically. Refactored generators allow the user to connect generated content with Wandora's base ontology. Also, refactored generators have several new options to modify generated content.
Occurrence stored Query language and TMQL scripts can be executed directly in occurrence Traditional topic panel. Just right mouse click the occurrence and select popup menu option Run occurrence > Run as Query or Run occurrence > Run as TMQL. Wandora views results in a separate dialog window.
Wandora's Graph topic panel has two new sliders: Node mass and edge stiffness. These new global graph settings help the user to clean up and stabilize complex graphs.
This release adds Wandora application Similarity Word Extractor and Simple Word Matching Extractor. These extractors take a list of words or regular expressions. If a word is found in a topic, a topic is created for the word and the topic is associated with the word topic.
This release enhances Wandora's UI.
- View menu has been restructured. Now the View menu contains a submenu for each open topic panel.
- Search (topic) panel. Open any number of distinct searches and queries. Use menu option View > New panel > Search.
- Tree (topic) panel. Open any number of distinct topic trees. Add new tree with menu option View > New panel > Tree.
- Layer info (topic panel). Keep topic map layer info panel open while you edit the topic map. View layer info with menu option View > New panel > Layer info.
- Drop extractor (topic panel). Yes, Drag and drop extractor is back. Drop extractor is very handy when you need to build a topic of using local resources such as files.
- Numerous smaller fixes and enhancements.
- Adding French, German and Spanish as default languages for topic occurrences and names.
- Enhanced occurrences view in Traditional topic panel.
- Adding Search (topic) panel.
- Adding Alchemy Face Detection API extractor.
- Adding Watson Translation API support.
- Numerous smaller fixes and enhancements.
- Minor fixes and enhancements in ReKognition face detection extractor.
- Fixes Flickr extractors.
- Minor fixes in New York Times extractors
- Adds ReKognition scenery extractor
- Adds several Umbel API extractors.
- SameAs service module is part of Wandora's embedded HTTP server and implements an API that can be used to retrieve all subject identifier URIs of a given topic. The service API is compatible with sameas.org (JSON response).
- Waiana service module is part of Wandora's embedded HTTP server and implements an API that can be used to store and retrieve complete topic maps. The Waiana API is compatible with old Maiana API.
- Maiana import has been refactored and renamed as Waiana import. It's primary connection point is now local Waiana API instead of Maiana API.
- Maiana export has been refactored and renamed as Waiana export. Also, it's primary connection point is now local Waiana API instead of Maiana API.
- Rekognition extractor uses ReKognition Face Detection API and transforms all retrieved detection data into a topic map graph.
- Alchemy API image keyword extractor uses Alchemy API to tag images. Wandora converts keywords into topics and associates keyword topics with the image topic.
- Sameas subject expander is a context tool that is used to attach a topic more subject identifiers based on current identifiers. The tool uses sameas.org API. Also, Wandora contains several subject expander tools that use specific substorage of the sameas.org. More over, Wandora features a configurable subject expander that works with Wandora's own SameAs service module.
- Wandora's embedded HTTP server has been rebuilt and uses now the modules framework of Wandora application. All embedded services have been moved to the modules framework. This change should ease the application transfer between Wandora and Tomcat server framework and provides more advanced options for WWW application development.
- Twitter extractor has been updated to reflect Twitter API changes.
- Many small enhancements and bugfixes.
- Fixed a bug in XTM2 parser that removed all subject identifiers starting with a prefix http://wandora.org/si/temp . Same subject identifier prefix is used when Wandora adds default temporary subject identifier to a topic. The bug broke Wandora's user interface and hid some associations and topics. The bug was recognized with the help of Damien S. Thank you.
- Fixes bugs in selection extractors of embedded WWW browser. Wandora used to calculate selection boundaries wrong and wasn't able to perform selection extractions in the embedded WWW browser.
- The directory structure extractor, simple HTML list and HTML table extractors now generate more clearer topic maps fragments and links the extraction to the Wandora class. This change hopefully increases the usability of these extractors.
- Webview is an embedded HTML browser based on JavaFX.
- TMQL support based on Topic Maps Lab's TMQL4J.
- Wandora's subject identifier base path has changed from http://www.wandora.org/ to http://wandora.org/si/ . Also, base ontology subject have also other small changes. If you are opening old project files in Wandora, you may have to merge the new base ontology at resources/conf/wandora.xtm to the project to get the base ontology working. New subject identifiers are resolvable i.e. looking at the subject identifier URL with a web browser returns a valid subject indicator resource instead of 404 error. As a long term plan, we are moving all Wandora generated subject identifiers using the domain wandora.org to the path at http://wandora.org/si/. Next table summarizes subject identifiers changes of some base ontology topics of Wandora.
- Services of Wandora's embedded server have been refactored to work better on Wandora's embedded browser.
- Old Piccolo framework has been replaced with a Modules framework. Wandora's Modules framework is used to deploy Wandora and topic map applications in Apache Tomcat. We are using the Modules framework in the Collections of Finnish National Gallery, for example.
- Numerous smaller enhancements and fixes.
- A set of Excel extractors.
- A DuckDuckGo extractor.
- A MediaWiki content extractor.
- A MediaWiki content exporter.
- A Reddit extractor.
- HTML structure extractors have been rewritten.
- Export graph in Graph topic panel in DOT, GraphML, GraphXML, GML format. Right click the graph in Graph topic panel and select menu option under Export graph as.
- An AngularJS based topic map browser extra. Extras locate in extras folder. They can't be used inside Wandora application.
- Changed Semantic Hacker extractor to TextWise extractor.
- Fixed Bing extractor.
- A Palvelukartta API version 2 extractor.
- A Firefox bookmark file extractor.
- New Wandora uses Java 7.
- Numerous smaller enhancements and fixes.
- Improves interoperability between Wandora and R language environment. It is now easier to transfer topic map graphs to R and vice versa. Documentation is available at Statistical analysis of Topic Maps in R.
- New topic panel Sketch grid.
- Tesseract OCR extractor.
- Occurrence and subject locator resource Mediawiki uploader.
- New server modules: D3 association type bubbles and D3 association role bubbles.
- Numerous smaller enhancements and fixes.
We have been informed that Wandora is not able to open a project file saved by the new Wandora version 2013-04-30. We thank Bernard about the bug report. Today (2013-05-16) Wandora application packages have been updated and new version should fix the problem in project management. This is a silent update. We'll not make any wider announcement of it.
- Undo and redo all topic map operations. Finally.
- Updated Twitter, Facebook and Europeana extractors.
- Numerous fixes and enhancements.
- Dockable topic panels allow Wandora user to work simultaneously with several different topic panels.
- Europeana extractor transforms Europeana API feeds to topic maps.
- Merge ratio matrix.
- Guardian open platform extractor
- Freebase extractor
- Graph panel views now occurrences (optional feature).
- Graph panel filter management is now easier.
- DOT graph format export.
- Fixes on LTM import.
- Disabled some deprecated extractors.
- D3 layers visualization reveals topic merges between topic map layers.
- Tool manager supports now JAR paths. User can now install her own tools to Wandora more easier.
- User may choose to view topics as subject identifiers, subject locators, English display name or any variant name (addition to default basename).
- Enhanced timeline visualization module supports now iCal, Atom, Email, New York Times events API, New York Times article API, Oma kaupunki and YouTube extractors (addition to Twitter and RSS extractors)
- iCal calendar format extractor.
- Server module featuring a partition visualization based on D3.
- Server module featuring a tree visualizations based on D3.
- Server module featuring a word cloud visualization based on D3.
- Server module featuring a matrix visualization based on D3.
- Cylinder graph generator
- Lattice graph generator (square grid graph)
- New York Times Event API extractor
- Bug fixes for topic table. Old implementation of the topic table returned wrong selection topics if table was sorted or table's column order was changed.
- Template mechanism of Processing topic panel has been changed. Now user writes a complete Processing applet instead of a partial applet. All enclosed sample sketches have been updated to follow this change.
- Two completely new sample sketches for the Processing topic panel:
- Sphere3D.sketch implements a navigable graph visualization on a surface of a sphere.
- Euclidean3D.sketch implements a navigable graph visualization in an euclidean 3D space.
- Three new server modules for Wandora's embedded server:
- timeline visualizes RSS and Twitter extractions using Simile timeline.
- googlemaps visualizes GeoNames, Oma kaupunki and Palvelukartta extractions using GoogleMaps.
- New York Times Article Search API extractor.
- Some server modules didn't include topic map associations in their feeds. These modules XTM topic map service module, JTM topic map service module, GRAPHML service module and RDF service module have been fixed and return now association data too.
- Default behavior of XTM 2.0 import has interpreted zero length basenames as valid basenames and included these into the topic map. On the other hand XTM 2.0 export interprets no-basenames as zero length basenames. Together these features caused accidental merges (because Wandora merges topics with a same basename). Now XTM 2.0 import feature has been fixed and interprets zero length basename as no-basename.
- Creating new layer selects now the new layer automatically.
- Restoring Wandora project file selects the layer which was selected when project was saved.
- Changing topic's basename in topic tree is possibly by mouse clicking the tree node three times. If topic has no basename topic tree views topic as a subject identifier. Changing the subject identifier in the tree saved changed subject identifier to topic's base name. Now subject identifier change in topic tree changes topic's subject identifier.
- Delete topics feature has been changed. Now Wandora can remove also all topic map structures that prevent topic deletion. If Wandora finds such topic map structures the application asks user if she would like to remove these structures and then deletes the topic.
- Duplicate topic feature works now even if the topic doesn't locate in current layer. However, having another layer selected actually stores the duplicate into the selected layer.
- Split topics features works now even if the topic doesn't locate in current layer. Split parts are always stored into the selected layer.
- Wandora features a new tool called Associate points in polygon occurrence carrier which takes two topic sets. First topic set has geo-points as occurrences and second topic set has geo-polygons as occurrences. Tool iterates all point-polygon pairs and associates occurrence carrier topics if point is inside polygon. This tools is useful if Wandora user needs to refine geo-occurrences into associations.
- Wandora features a new tool called Associate nearby point occurrence carriers which creates associations between topics that carry geo-coordinates close enough. This tools is useful if Wandora user needs to refine geo-occurrences into associations.
- New feature Simple CSV association extractor reads CSV file and transforms it to topics and associations. Each CSV row is transformed to an association and each value to a topic. Association type and role types are predefined topics.
- Uploading and downloading occurrences to/from Pastebin feature has been extended to cover any topic collection including topic maps (layer context).
- New feature The Service Map extractor can be used to build a topic map conversion of Helsinki region public services.
- Log messages have been improved. Miscellaneous UI improvements.
Previous release had a serious bug in Wandora's file dialog. This release fixes the bug and contains some new features too. New features are
- XTM topic map service module
- JTM topic map service module
- GRAPHML service module
- RDF service module
- Screencast service module
- Pastebin upload for resource data occurrences
- Pastebin download for resource data occurrences
As the release was very quick, new features may still be a bit unstable.
- Processing topic panel makes Wandora a Processing programming environment with a topic map API. Processing topic panel allows Wandora user to execute Processing scripts against current topic or whole topic map. Processing topic panel gives Wandora user an excellent development tool for topic map visualizations.
- R topic panel follows the idea of Processing topic panel. It offers a feature to execute R scripts against current topic and topic map. Notice, Wandora has also a separate R console released earlier.
- Oma kaupunki event and service extractor. Oma kaupunki is a Helsinki city based news, events and service portal. Wandora extractor allows user to extract local event and service information.
- Treemap topic panel is a topic visualization based on treemapping algorithm.
- Twitter extractor. Yes, finally Wandora user can perform Twitter searches and transform search results to topics and associations.
- Google Translation feature uses now Google Translation API v2.
- Wandora's Firefox and Thunderbird plugin works now on FF version 8 and TB version 8.
- Topic map import feature is now configurable. Keeping CTRL key pressed while starting the topic map import opens a configuration dialog window.
- Numerous UI changes and enhancements.
- Fixes GeoNames extractors. Now Wandora's GeoNames extractors require a username provided by the GeoNames service.
- R console window has been rewritten.
- Topic table allows any topic selection now. Java's JTable component allows selections of single rows and single columns only (which is fine if you have only one column). Now Wandora overcomes the default limitation.
- Occurrences can be duplicated (to other type). User can also change occurrence's type.
- We have tested Wandora on Java 7.
- New feature: Export similarity matrix. Similarity matrix is similar to topic adjacency matrix but matrix cell contains a value representing selected similarity of row and column topics. Feature has predefined similarity measures of Subject locator similarity, Highest subject identifier similarity, Basename similarity etc.
- Wandora's Firefox and Thunderbird plugin works now on FF version 6.0 and TB version 6.0.
- SQL query result set extractor
- R language integration. Requires separate R language installation.
- uClassify integration
- Enhanced association editor supports now default type and roles and remembers your last selection.
- Enhanced occurrence editor supports now default type and remembers your last selection.
- Enhanced HelMet library data extractor supports now paging.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
- SPARQL extractor opens a wide range of interesting information sources to topic mappers and mashup creators.
- JQuery Mobile based topic map browser demonstrates how topic maps can be published for mobile devices.
- HelMet library data extractor enables Wandora user to build a bibliographical topic map based on Helsinki city library's database.
- Wandora support now Microsoft Translator. Integration enables translation of variant names and occurrences. See an example.
- All Wandora Drupal extras have been updated! Now there is a Wandora-Drupal bridge module for Drupal 7 too.
- AlchemyAPI extractors have a new member. Alchemy sentiment extractor analyzes given text and figures out the attitude in the text.
- Wandora's browser plugin works now with Firefox 4.
- Traditional topic panel can now view all variant names of a topic.
- New feature to Transform variant names to topics and associations.
- Few minor bugs fixed.
- Fixes a bug related to Wandora's Facebook extractor.
- Any23 integration adds Wandora a full featured micro-format extractor. Feature is packed in Any23 extractor in Wandora.
- Zemanta integration adds Wandora's classifier options. Now Wandora has a tool called Zemanta extractor that is used to classify textual content.
- Heavy refactoring: AbstractExtractor implements now automatically BrowserPluginExtractor interface. As a consequence all AbstractExtractors are automatically Wandora Firefox plugins and managed with Wandora's Tool manager. BrowserPluginExtractor interface changes a little also. Along with browser extractor interface change we have also changed the behavior of several browser extractors.
- YouTube extractor has been updated to use the most recent Google client libraries.
- Google Translate integration to automate variant name and occurrence translations.
- Wandora user can now change the OpenCalais classifier API key by holding CTRL key pressed while starting the classifier.
Release contains some minor feature enhancements related to Email extractor, Simple document extractor, Simple directory structure extractor, Simple PDF extractor and Last.fm extractors. Enhanced extractors are more robust and generate cleaner topic maps compared to older versions.
- Maiana integration enables Wandora user to download topic maps from Maiana, Topic Maps Lab's service to host, explore, and share topic maps. Also, Wandora user can upload topic maps to Maiana.
- Asset weight is a measure of a topic developed by Petra Haluzová of Department of Informatics and Telecommunication, Czech Technical University, Prague. Asset weight measure is described in detail in her TMRA'10 conference paper Evaluation of Instances Asset in a Topic Maps Ontology. Now Wandora user may calculate asset weights for any selectable topic collection.
- Yahoo! YQL term extractor is a text classifier used to create topic and associations out of given text, an occurrence for example.
- Tagthe extractor is a similar text classifier helping Wandora user to extract terms out of given text.
- Yahoo! BOSS extractor is a search engine extractor using Yahoo's BOSS search service.
- Changed AlchemyAPI extractors. Now extractors use POST method (instead of GET) while sending a given text to the web service.
- Now Wandora user can refine a large collection of occurrences by right clicking a topic selection and choosing a context menu option Topic > Occurrences > Refine > .... There is eight different and well-known extractors available for occurrence refinement. Available occurrence refiners include OpenCalais classifier, AlchemyAPI extractors, Yahoo! YQL term extractor and Geonames extractors. The batch refine was developed and used to experiment with Afghanistan War Diary topic map.
- Various bug fixes.
- MARCXML extractor
- Facebook Graph extractor
- Dublin Core XML extractor
- Wandora Firefox plugin works now on Thunderbird 3.x also.
- Export adjacency matrix. This feature exports a text matrix where a matrix cell represents a number of associations between column and row topics. Note that feature doesn't export all topic map structures. It is very lossy. Addition to a whole topic map export, you can export only current topic selection.
- Export incidence matrix. This feature exports a text matrix where a matrix cell represents a number of row topics playing a role in column association. Note that feature doesn't export all topic map structures. It is very lossy. Addition to a whole topic map export, you can export only current topic selection.
- Export topic map or selected topics as a GXL graph.
- Add missing display scope to variant names. This feature is a result of an observation that some topic maps may have valid variant names but variant name scopes contain only language topic. Wandora doesn't view such variant names in Traditional topic panel. This new feature is used to fix such variant names. It adds standard display scope topic to variant names that haven't display nor sort scope topic.
- Add missing language scope to variant names. This feature is a result of an observation that some topic maps may contain variant names that are missing language topic in their scope. Wandora doesn't view such variant names in Traditional topic panel. Feature adds user addressed language topic to given variant names that have no language topic in their scope.
- Stands4 word describer
- Past Wandora versions could export topic maps as a whole only. New Wandora version can export any selectable topic collection as XTM1, XTM2, LTM, JTM, RDF N3, graph, and matrix formats. This feature is a result of practical requirement to merge some parts of previously created topic map to another topic map. Now Wandora user can simply select required topics and then export them as a XTM serialization, and then merge exported topic map with another topic map. Selection export starts with context menu options Topics > Export.
- Feature removing all topics except selected ones.
- Few releases ago Wandora got several parallel output modules. Topic Map SOAP web service was one of those modules. We wrote several extras for Drupal content management system that demonstrate how you can utilize Wandora content in Drupal. New Wandora version contains similar plugin for Joomla content management system. Wandora's Joomla extra enable you to publish Wandora content in your Joomla site. Read details here.
- More AlchemyAPI extractors: Keywords, Category, and Language.
- Bing search engine extractor allows you to construct topic map fragments out of search engine query and related search results provided by the Bing. Both web and image searches are supported.
- Big Huge Thesaurus API extractor retrieves similar words for given words (say topics) and constructs topic map fragments out of word relations. Feature can be used to build minimal thesaurus topic maps for example.
- Adjacency matrix import is used to import graphs to Wandora.
- Incidence matrix import also enable graph import in Wandora.
- Now you can download and check not only subject locators but also URL occurrences.
- Now 'XML transform and import' feature accepts also URL resources addition to local files.
- Fixed custom topic tree tab feature.
- Fixed YouTube search extractor.
- Fixed GEDCOM extractor scheme.
- Wandora's embedded HTTP server feature has been refactored. New embedded HTTP server has now several parallel output modules. Wandora user can now easily activate and create new output modules. For example, Wandora user could define one output module for a dynamic and browsable HTML site, and other output module for an RSS feed containing topic's instances. As a practical example we have created several Drupal plugins that enable Wandora user to publish Wandora content with Drupal open source content management platform. Drupal plugins are available in Wandora's source code distribution package or as separate downloads. See Extras section on a download page.
- Along the refactored HTTP server, Wandora's web service feature has been updated to work with Apache Axis2 and the web service feature is integrated with Wandora application. Now you don't need separate Wandora-Piccolo installation to run a topic map web service.
- New topic map type, Shared Web service topic map, allows Wandora user to share his/her topic maps with other Wandora users. This feature enables a kind of peer-to-peer topic mapping.
- GEDCOM (GEnealogical Data COMmunication) extractor converting GEDCOM files to topic maps format. Although GEDCOM conversion doesn't support all GEDCOM features, the converter is very useful. We have enclosed Wandora samples folder a Topic Maps conversion of European Royals GEDCOM composed by Denis R. Reid. Extractor is available at File > Extract > Other > GEDCOM extractor.
- DBpedia extractor. Extractor reads RDF feed from DBpedia and converts it to a Topic Map format. Extractor is available at File > Extract > Subjects > DBpedia extractor.
- Alchemy Entity Extractor takes a text fragment and extracts named entities out of text. Entities are then converted to topics and associated to the topic carrying the original text. Effect is very similar to OpenCalais classifier. Wandora's Alchemy Entity Extractor is available at File > Classification > Alchemy entity extractor. You need a valid Alchemy apikey to access the extractor.
- Fixed YouTube extractor and Delicious extractors. YouTube's API libraries had changed. Now the API libraries are updated. Wandora used wrong Delicious web service endpoint. Wandora's Delicious endpoint is now fixed.
- Fixed really embarrassing bug in Select Topic Button causing nullPointerExceptions.
- Important bug fixes:
- Wandora used to halt irregularly in Windows XP and Vista while opening file dialog. Actual bug was never resolved but Wandora was changed to use same file dialog object again and again. This seems to prevent the halt.
- Wandora's topic tree used to halt irregularly while browsing moderate large topics maps. Halt was due to lazy tree update. Tree update method has been altered and it looks like the tree halts no more.
- Wandora specific and non-standard query language interface. Now you can execute queries in Search dialog opened with CTRL+F.
- Customizable buttons. Now on you can attach you favorite tools to Wandora's top bar beside Open and arrow buttons. Or you could create new tools button sets with Tool manager.
- Experimental MusicBrainz extractor. Extractor is used to retrieve artists, releases and tracks from enormous MusicBrainz database.
- Enhanced drag'n'drop feature:
- You can drop topics to layer stack. As an effect topic stub with only one subject identifier is created to the target layer.
- You can drop topics to empty Class and Instance tables. As a result topic is attached to the inspected topic as a class or instance.
- You can drop topics to Associations table title. If your topic map contains suitable schema specification, dropped topic is associated to the inspected topic with schema defined association type and roles. Feature speeds up the association creation.
- Wandora's browser plug-in has been updated to work with Firefox 3.5.
- SemanticHacker classifier has been updated to work with current SemanticHacker API.
- Added JTM (JSON Topic Maps) support. Now Wandora imports and exports JTM Topic Maps. To export JTM topic map, start Export topic map just like before and use file extension jtm.
- Gellish ontology extractor. Try File > Extract > Other > Gellish ontology extractor...
- Subj3ct record extractor. Try File > Extract > Subjects > Subj3ct record extractor...
- Fixed right mouse click problem on Macs. Now Mac users can access context menus with CTRL+Mouse button.
- Sleeping features Moby thesaurus extractor and VerbOcean extractor have been activated and are now available at Extract menu.
- Edge generator has been renamed as Adjacency list import and has been moved to Import menu.
- Antialized look
- A lot of code refactoring
- Added Diigo bookmark extractor
- Added Twine RDF extractor
- Added SKOS RDF extractor
- Added Dublin Core RDF extractor
- Added FOAF RDF extractor
- Added YouTube URL extractor
- Added foreign key support to Generic SQL database import.
- Rewritten Tool manager
- Rewritten Bibtex extractor
- LTM import and export have been fixed. See bug report in Wandora Forum.
- Fixed topic drag and drop. Works now also in Linux.
Release contains also many small bug fixes.
- String similarity search
- Enhanced occurrence text editor. Occurrence text editor is opened when you click existing occurrence text in Traditional topic panel for example. New occurrence text editor features include
- Direct occurrence classifiers (OpenCalais and SemanticHacker). Now you can start the classifier in the occurrence editor using menu option Refine > Classify > Classify with OpenCalais and Refine > Classify > Classify with SemanticHacker.
- Find topics with similar occurrences
- Tidy HTML, Strip HTML
- HTML entity conversion
- Find topic references in occurrences. This feature scans through all available topics and compares topic names to words in occurrence. If topic name is found in occurrence text, topic is associated with the occurrence carrier topic.
- Make topics out of occurrence selections. Now you can point out important words (word collections) in occurrence and order Wandora to create a topic for the pointed words. Optionally Wandora associates created topic with the occurrence carrier.
- WWW site export templates has been refactored and simplified.
- Sample Web Application has been refactored to work with Apache Tomcat 6.x.
- HTML templates have also been updated.
- Current Save project has been split to Save project and Save project as. First save option remembers current project file name while latter always asks file name. See documentation at How to save and load project.
- Revert project feature to restore previously loaded Wandora project.
- Multiple Geonames extractors
- Search (with filters)
- Find near by locations (for given latitude and longitude)
- Get country info
- Get cities within given bounding box
- Get children, hierarchy, neighbours of given geo location
- Get weather at given geo location
- Perform Geoname Wikipedia searches
- Get Geoname Wikipedia locations within given bounding box
- Multiple Ovi shared media extractors
- Read media with given tag, located at given location, owned by user, titled by certain search word, within given channel, and dated with given date.
- Convert any generic Atom news feed to topic map format.
- Generate topic maps with L-systems.
- Import Gene Ontology Annotation (GOA) files and convert the imported file to a topic map format.
- Startup scripts have been fixed. Now Wandora works also on Windows 2000. See bug report at Wandora Forum.
- Traditional topic panel can now view also variant names of non-defined language.
- SQL Dump Export
- Import and export XTM version 2.0
- XTM 1.0 support is still available. Use file extension xtm1 to export XTM 1.0 topic maps.
- Topic map import reads both XTM 1.0 and XTM 2.0 formatted files.
- By default Wandora exports XTM 2.0 topic maps.
- Topic map files stored in Wandora projects are now in XTM 2.0 format.
- Wandora Firefox plugin can now be used also in Thunderbird mail client.
- Old browser plugin doesn't work with new Wandora. If you decide to update Wandora please update Firefox plugin also!
- Hypercube graph generator
- Tiling graph generator (square, triangular, and hexagonal tilings)
- Edge generator
- Enhanced drag and drop
- Now you can drag and drop topics in topic trees also
- Now left mouse button is used to start drag. (Previously drag started with middle mouse button).
- Geonames extractors
- SemanticHacker classifier
Wandora's base ontologies in resources/conf are now XTM 2.0. Old XTM 1.0 base ontologies are still in distribution package but they have been renamed with file extension xtm1.
- Firefox plugin to extract directly from Firefox WWW browser.
- OpenCalais classifier
- OpenCyc extractor
- SOM classifier
- Wikipedia extractor
- GraphXML export
- Subject locator previews for MPEG videos and PDF documents.
- Many small bugs fixed.
- Embedded HTTP server for small scale publishing of Wandora topic maps
- YouTube video feed extractor
- Del.icio.us extractors
- Digg extractors
- Enhanced Flickr group extractor allows free text search for Flickr groups
- Enhanced Last.fm extractors allow extraction without exact knowledge of extraction URL
- New layer types
- Linked topic map layer allows direct duplication of existing topic map layer (think it as a symbolic link or alias)
- Query topic map layer is a modifier wrapped around other topic map.
- Some bug fixes!
- Three Flickr extractors
- Flickr user profile extractor
- Flickr photo extractor
- Flickr group extractor
- RIS file format extractor
- VerbOcean file format extractor
- Layer stack implementation rewritten
- Enabling layer stacks within layer stacks!
- GML graph export
- GraphML export
- Enhanced Print feature
- Enhanced Compare topic maps.
- Topic Map patch tool.
- Wandora's license changed to GNU GPL!
- Source code distribution package available!
- Major refactoring! Base class path changed to org.wandora.
- New Compare topic maps tool introduced!
- Some minor bug fixes!
Wandora's topic map schema has also changed! Subject identifier base of schema topics is now http://www.wandora.org. It used to be http://www.wandora.net in previous Wandora releases! This change may cause problems while working with older Wandora projects as Wandora doesn't find Wandora class, Wandora language, and Wandora language name version topics. To fix the problem replace subject identifier base http://www.wandora.net to http://www.wandora.org in your old project.
- Programmable Custom topic panel introduced!
- Fixes on OBO import
- Some bug fixes
- OBO flat file import
- OBO flat file export (requires specific schema in topic map)
- OBO round trip tool for testing. Converts OBO to topic map and again back to OBO flat file format.
- Geo microformat extractor
- Adr microformat extractor
- HCalendar microformat extractor
- HCard microformat extractor
- HTML instance list extractor
- HTML superclass-subclass list extractor
- HTML definition list extractor
- HTML association table extractor
- Platonic solid graph generator
- Removed references to javax.swing.GroupLayout.
- Enhanced Drag and Drop support
- Create topics and associations dragging text (base name) lists to Wandora
- Extractors accept partial HTML snippets dragged from WWW browser and dropped to Drag and Drop Extractor.
- Property Table Extractor
- Simple Text Document Extractor
- RSS 2.0 Extractor
- Bibtex extractor schema changed. Creates now more topics and associations instead of occurrences.
- Subject Locator preview for HTML pages
- Extract directly from HTML preview
- Create topic names and occurrences from HTML preview
- Subject identifier GUI enhanced in Topic Panels
- Some bug fixes
- Shell scripts to launch the application on Linux and Unix systems including Mac.
- Some bug fixes on Linux-like systems.
- Bibtex extractor
This version contains some minor bug fixes. For example:
- Topic map graph is not anymore drawn outside the topic panel.
- User can interrupt topic map and project save operations.
- Adding shortcut of a topic with multiple subject identifiers uses now fancier dialog.
- Added Graph Topic Panel enabling graph visualizations of topic maps.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- XTM export fixed. InstanceOf elements contain now only one topic reference.
- Menu structures have been updated.
- Opens Wandora project file or XTM topic map file given as a command line parameter.
- New layer operation doesn't automatically import minimal Wandora ontology.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- New icons. More stylish look.
- New statistical tools to analyze topic maps: Layer connections, Topic map diameter, and Clustering coefficient.
- New tool category of Topic map generators including Random graph generator, Fully connected graph generator, Tree graph generator, and Linear list generator.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added SOAP web api option for Piccolo published topic map. Api may be used to access topics and associations directly from Flash applications for example.
- Added new sample: Flash application using the SOAP api. Actionscript source classes are included.
- Added a set of Audioscrobber extractors enabling to convert Last.fm's XML feeds to topic maps.
- Compiled and tested with Java 6.0.
- Added MediaWiki extractor. Extractor converts MediaWiki's XML exports to topic map.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Fixed HSQL database layer locking bug. Previous versions of Wandora locked HSQL database layer after layer creation blocking topic map access.
- Fixed Tool manager's tool scanner. Previous versions of Wandora did not found tool classes with class string in their classname.
- Added FreeDB extractor. Extractor converts freedb database files to a topic map.
- Added FreeDB sample demonstrating Wandora's FreeDB extractor and simple modification layer used to merge typo-topics.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Fix: Now XTM export filters out all characters that may break the XML document. Previous version of Wandora exported base names, text datas, and variant names to the XTM document without changes and broke the file sometimes when you had used (usually extracted) exotic characters in topic elements.
- Generic SQL database import has been developed to allow you to select whether a table column is converted to a topic or an occurrence.
- LTM import robustness improved.
- Added Copy all variant names tool.
- Added Remove all empty variant names tool.
- Added Remove variant name... tool.
- Fixed Lucene index builder.
- Speeding XTM import (Assuming the XTM topic map does not contain duplicate associations. I think next update will contain Paranoid XTM import forcing the removal of duplicate associations).
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added SampleWebApp to samples. SampleWebApp shows how Wandora project is published as a WWW service with Apache Tomcat.
- Added DatabaseImport tool.
- Added project drag'n'dropped feature to Wandora's application window.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Fixed bug in Configure Topic Tree Types editor.
- Added Merge project feature.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- SetClasspath.bat missed path settings for mstor/mstor.jar and activation.jar causing Email extractor to fail with MBOX email repositories. Fixed.
- Added Lucene index builder tool to exporters. With this tool you can build Lucene search index from any Wandora topic map. Current version of Wandora does not use search index and the tool is mainly for external usage.
- Fixed schema association editor's bug causing creation of one player associations instead of multiple player associations in systems with multiple layers.