Modifying variant names
Variant names are scoped topic names. Scope is a set of topics and specify the type of a name. Usually the scope contains at least two topics, one for language and one for name type. However, scope may contain more than two topics or none topics. By default topic panel's variant name matrix has language paragraphs. Orientation of name matrix is changed with Flip name matrix tool found in context menu of Variant names title header. Variant names are edited directly in the fields of a topic panel. Next image views a Traditional topic panel with a Variant name matrix marked with a red circle.
To view and edit variant names with non-schema scopes, user can right mouse click the Variant names box title and select context menu option View > View all scopes. Wandora changes the look of variant name panel and views now all variant names of the topic. Next image views alternative variant names editor available in Traditional topic panel. Alternative variant names editor can be used to edit variant names with non-schema scopes.
To add a topic a variant name with non-schema scope, right click the Variant names box title and select menu option Add variant name. Wandora opens up a dialog window for a non-schema scoped variant name. Next image illustrates an use case where Wandora user is adding a topic a variant name Non-schema variant name here with a single scope topic Schema type.
Notice, non-schema variant names are not viewed in variant name matrix. However, the number beside Variant names box title counts also non-schema variant names.
For more advanced variant name operations use tools in Topics > Variant names. Menu includes options:
- Copy all variant names copies topic's variant names to clipboard. Also invisible variants i.e. variant that are not specified with schema, are copied to clipboard. This can be used to check what kind of variant names topic has.
- Regex replace is used to modify topic's variant names with user given regular expression.
- Remove new line characters deletes new line characters in variant names of current topic.
- Remove variant name deletes variant name of given type and scope.
- Remove all empty variant names deletes all zero length variant names in topic.
- Remove all variant names deletes all variant names in topic. Also invisible variants i.e. variants that have not been defined in schema, are deleted.
- Make display variants with base name copies topic's base name to all schema specified display variants.
By default Wandora supports four language topics. These are Finnish, Swedish, English, and Language Independent. By default Wandora supports two name types: a Display name and a Sort name. Extending Wandora's language and the name type support is easy. To add Wandora a language, add new instance topic to Wandora language topic. To add another name type, add new instance to topic Wandora variant name version. Both Wandora language and Wandora variant name version are instances of Schema type topic.
- Transform variant names to topics and associations
- Add missing language scope to variant names
- Add missing display scope to variant names
- How to add another variant name language
- How to add another variant name type
- Modifying base name
- Modifying subject locator
- Modifying subject identifiers
- Modifying topic classes and instances
- Modifying associations
- Modifying occurrences