Modifying subject identifiers
Each topic has one or more subject identifiers in Wandora. Subject identifiers are practically URLs referring to subject indicators i.e. resources that describe the subject. However, subject identifier URLs do not necessarily resolve, there is no real resource subject identifier refers. Subject identifiers are unique and topics with same same subject identifier are automatically merged.
Topic panel doesn't allow direct edition of subject identifiers. To change subject indentifier you need to add new subject identifier to the topic and then remove the old one. This rather illogical order of actions is required because topic must always hold at least one subject identifier. If you remove topic's last subject identifier, a default subject identifier is added to the topic.
Subject identifier is removed by right clicking the subject identifier and selecting Remove selected.... Subject identifier is added to a topic by selecting Add subject identifier in context menu of the Subject Identiers title header.
More advanced tools to modify subject identifiers is found in Topics > Subject identifiers menu:
- Copy SIs copies topic's subject identifiers to clipboard. New line character is used as subject identifier separator.
- Paste SIs injects URLs in clipboard to current topic as subject identifiers. If subject identifier already exists in another topic, topics are instantly merged.
- Remove references in SIs modifies topic's subject identifiers by removing the URL reference. URL reference is a part of URL address that starts with # character.
- Regex replace SIs modifies topic's subject identifiers with user given regular expression.
- Fix SIs modifies subject identifiers by replacing all illegal characters with underscore (_) character.
- Flatten identity removes all but one subject identifier in topic. Remaining subject identifier is arbitrary.
- Make SI with SL adds topic new subject identifier identical to topic's subject locator. If topic has no subject locator, no subject identifier is added.
- Make SI with base name adds topic new subject identifier constructed using topic's base name and user given URL body.
- Make SI with occurrence adds topic new subject identifier constructed using topic's occurrence and user given URL body.